This dish is super simple warming and packed with veggies and child friendly too
1 Tblsp Butter, Coconut oil or Ghee
1 Tblsp Grated ginger
2-3 Carrots chopped
1 whole Broccoli chopped
1 large Potato diced
1-2 celery sticks diced
1 red capsicum chopped
1 cup veggie stock you can use just water.
1 Tblsp Curry powder
1 can Coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh coriander to serve
- Melt butter or coconut oil in large pot add potato, ginger and celery and cook for 1-2 mins over med heat. Then add the stock or water and simmer for 10-15mins until potatoes have started to soften. you may need to add more liquid as you go.
- While that is cooking, start chopping up your veggies and putting your rice or quinoa on to cook
- Now its time to add your coconut milk and curry powder to the potato and celery mix and stir once combined you can start to add your veg.
- I like mine not too soft so i add the carrots first for 5 mins then add all the veg except for the beans they are last minute i cant stand soggy beans.
- All up you want to mix your veg in for at least 10 mins minimum to get the flavour in and warm the veg up. Except the beans in my case.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over hot rice or quinoa.
This even taste better the next day when the flavours really come out.