So they whole month of April has flown by me ahhh,what have i been doing you ask? Taking on way to many things as i do, but oh how bored would i be if i didn’t have a million things on the go and a head full of ideas and recipes lol.
Here i have this yummy recipe for you that your kids will love, Mr C loves making them for his days at kindy.
You don’t need to really measure for this we never do as long as the mixture is sticky it should work fine.
What you’ll need
1 cup Gluten Free cornflakes ( i use freedom foods ad they are lower in sugar too) crunched up a bit
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1/4 Pumpkin seeds
Cranberries or any other dried fruit that you little ones like or even fruit free.
1 Tblspoon Chia seeds
1/4 cup Coconut oil
1/4 cup Rice malt syrup
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except the coconut oil and rice malt syrup. Mix until combined
- In a saucepan heat over medium heat the coconut oil and syrup until it start to form bubbles. Take off the heat and pour over the Dry ingredients. Mix until combined
- Line a tray with baking paper, i usually use a large rectangle plastic container
- Spread out the muesli to desired height pressing down firmly with the back of a metal spoon
- Pop in the freezer for 30 mins. We often do it after dinner and leave over night and take out in the morning to cook
- When ready to cook Pre heat the oven to 150
- Take out the muesli and carefully cut with a sharp knife into desired size bars
- Pop onto lined baking tray and into the oven for 10-15mins until slightly browned
- They will firm up when cooled