Don’t ask me why my kids have called these biscuits dinosaur cookies as they don’t look anything like them, the imagination of children so wonderful… I hope you enjoy making & eating them as much as my kids and i do
What you’ll need
Makes 24 mini cookies
1 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
pinch of salt
1.5 Tbls softened coconut oil
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 egg at room temperature
Loving Earth Luvju Chocolate (or any other chocolate) roughly chopped
- Preheat oven 160 and line 2 trays with baking paper
- Combine flour, baking powder, chia seeds, vanilla powder, and salt in a bowl
- In a separate bowl beat the coconut oil and rice malt syrup until creamy, you could use a Vitamix.
- Add egg and beat until combined, you can use an egg from the fridge it will just make the coconut oil begin to solidify. It’s totally fine i do it all the time as i never remember to get my eggs out earlier.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine, add the chocolate
- Roll the mixture into balls it will be quite oily & sticky and place on to lined trays then press down.
- Bake for 10 mins until golden
- Leave to cool if you can and store in an airtight container if there is any left