A go to snack to stash in your handbag (nappy bag for me these days) for those times when you are stuck somewhere and there is nothing fructose friendly to eat.
Gluten Free, Fructose Friendly, Low Fodmap Dairy Free, Egg Free, Sugar Free, Nut free.
What you’ll need
makes 12 bars
This recipe is very adaptable i usually don’t measure anything but for you i did this time 🙂
1/2 cup puffed Millet
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbl chia seeds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1-1.5 tbl rice malt Syrup
1 tbl coconut oil melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon I like abit of cinnamon, you can reduce the amount
- Place all you ingredients in to a large bowl
- Mix until well combined
- Line a tray with baking paper sometimes i just use a plastic container whatever works for you.
- Tip the mixture in to your tray and push down firmly, you can make the bars as thick or thins as you like.
- Stick the bars in the freezer for 10 mins sometimes i forget about them and its more like 30 mins or the next day, it’s fine you could even eat raw from the freezer.
- Take the muesli bars out of the freezer and cut into desired shapes
- Place on a lined flat baking tray and cook for 10 mins or until golden
- As they cool they will harden so don’t worry if they feel and look soft when you get them out.
You can add to this recipe some dried fruit, buckinis, nuts, cacao nibs, drizzle chocolate on top what ever you like.