Quiches are so versatile you can add or sneak many veggies into them. Not to mention they are easy to make a fantastic quick meal or snack.
I chose to use puff pastry for this as my little ones are ok with gluten but you could use a gluten free pastry or even leave the pastry out which is what i would do if i was making them for myself to eat.
What you’ll need
Makes 12 muffin size quiches
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1 cup spinach
1/3 cup ham
3 sheets puff pastry
3 eggs lightly beaten
spring onion (green part)
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat your oven to 160
- Peel and cut your pumpkin, steam until soft
- Mash and set aside to cool
- Cut the pastry into circles ( i used a glass cup to cut around, make sure the cup is at least a cm larger than the muffin molds so your pastry will come up to the sides of the muffin tray)
- lightly oil the muffin tray and place the cut pastry into the molds
- prick with a fork and pop in the oven to par bake for 10mins checking they dont puff up too much, just pop a few more holes in with a fork if they start too
- Chop your ham, spinach and spring onion then add to the pumpkin mash
- Add the eggs and stir until well combined
- Fill your par baked pastry cups with the mixture and pop back in the oven for 20 mins or until golden and cooked through.