Gone are the days of plain potato fries, now you can turn most vegetables into chips zucchini, sweet potato and as i tried to today eggplant. I wasn’t to sure how they would turn out so i just tried a small batch. They were delicious, crunchy on the outside and soft and almost creamy on the inside, a fantastic combination full of flavour.
As i’m a throw a bit of this and a little of that in, type of cook that rarely measures ingredients let alone write down what i have done. This is what i used you can add as much herbs depending on your tastes.
What you’ll need
1/2 cup almond flour
Dried herbs Thyme, Oregano, Basil
Salt and pepper
1/4 chicken stock cube (optional) Massel is a fructose friendly brand
- Peel the skin off your eggplant and cut into finger sized chips
- Sprinkle with salt and leave in a colander for about 20mins to remove the excess water
- Pre heat your oven to 150
- In a bowl add your almond meal, herbs salt, pepper and mix
- In a separate bowl add your egg and lightly whisk
- Once your eggplant has been sitting for the 20 mins gently pat dry with some paper towel
- Coat the eggplant fingers in the egg
- Then coat them with the almond mix
- Pop on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Cook for 10 mins, then turn over and cook for further 10 mins
Serve warm as a side dish, a nice snack or with some tasty dip.