Most kids love chicken nuggets and what better way to get some greens into your kids than hidden in a favourite. So dinner tonight for my littles one is these with veggies and sweet potato chippies. There is nothing more rewarding than making good meal for you kids.
What you’ll need
Organic chicken breast
1/2 cup Spinach
1 massel chicken stock cube
For the crust
1 cage free egg corn flour
cornflake crumbs ( instructions in this post)
olive oil for cooking
- Remove the skin from the breast and cut into chunks and pop into food processor and process
- Add spinach and stock cube, process till combined
- Use a tablespoon to blob the chicken mixture into balls (very sticky will mold better with the cornflour) onto a plate
- Set up 3 bowls one with cornflour, one with a beaten egg and the other with the cornflake crumbs
- Lightly coat the chicken balls with the cornflour ( you can mold into a better shape now should be less sticky)
- Now coat with the egg
- Finally coat with the cornflake crumbs
- Place on a plate and pop into the fridge for 10 mins before cooking to set the crust
- Heat a fry pan with oil about 1cm high
- Place some of the nuggets in and cook till golden on each side and cooked through
You can cook these during the day and pop in the fridge till dinner, then reheat in the oven. Making sure they are hot in the middle.
Or after cooking, store extra in the freezer for a quick easy dinner during the week.