I know Apple and Pear are not tolerated on a low Fodmap diet. But my children are lucky to have not taken all of my intolerances on board.
I thought it would be nice to share, as it looked and smelt amazing. Just because we cant eat certain stuff doesn’t mean we don’t have to make it for others to enjoy.
Apple and Pear Crumble
Makes 2 small mini dishes
1 small apple
1 ripe pear
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 cup quinoa Flakes
1/4 cup almond meal
1-2 tbl desiccated coconut
2 tbl Coconut oil melted
1-2 tbl Rice malt syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Peel and slice the apple and pear
- Place the apple, pear, chia seeds, cloves and a little water in a small pan over low-med heat and gently simmer until fruit has softened
- Discard the cloves
- Let the mixture cool while you make the crumble
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir you can adjust ingredients to your liking
- Evenly spoon the apple mixture into two ceramic mini bowls and cover with the crumble
- Cook in oven 160° for 15mins or until warm and crumble is golden
You can cook this straight away or pop in the fridge to cook later.
I hope this tastes alright as i cant try it and theres is no one else home to taste test for me but the kids. They did clean there bowls, so they were either starving or approved.
Let me know what you think 🙂