Wow i can’t believe it i’m up before my children this is a first, as they usually have me up bright and early. So i get to enjoy my breakfast this morning with out having to share. Usually i have a smoothie as it saves time in the morning but last night i mixed up some chia pudding.
Banana Breaky Pudding
3 Tbls Chia seeds
6 Tbls Liquid of your choice (almond milk, water, coconut water, cows milk etc)
Place the chia seeds and the liquid in a jar and mix
Leave to thicken anywhere from 10mins to overnight
Mash the banana in a bowl
Pour the chia mixture into the bowl with the banana and mix together
Top with nuts and seeds
Why Chia is so good
1. Chia is gluten free
2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
4. It boasts 20% protein
5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids
6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
7. Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
9. It contains three times more iron than spinach
10. It contains twice the potassium content of banana
11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
12. It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
13. Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.