No one likes having to clean there make up brushes, but knowing what nasty germs and bacteria they harbor will change your mind.
If you are using your makeup brushes daily I suggest that you clean them twice a week.
I clean my makeup brushes weekly.
Here is a quick low cost chemical free way to keep those germs at bay
What you’ll need
- Bicarb Soda
- Medium sized bowl
- Add 1 tsp of Bi-Carb Soda into a bowl
- Slowly add warm water, enough to make a paste.
- Dip your brushes in one at a time, gently swirling them on the bottom of the bowl, to remove any the built up product.
- You may need to make up a fresh paste depending on the amount of brushes
- Rinse your brushes
- Fill the sink with 1 litre of warm water add 3 tbs of Bi-Carb Soda and dissolve
- Soak the brushes for 5 minutes.
- Rinse brushes out well, under cold water
- Gently squeeze excess water out careful not to pull hairs out
- Remold the hairs into shape with your fingers.
- Fold a tea towel in half, lay the brushes out flat (do not dry your brushes upright, the water with break down the glue that holds the bristles together and they will fall out).