I have recently discovered Superfood Kale. It’s low in calories, high in fiber, has zero fat, high in iron, vitamin K and calcium and is fantastic for detoxing. To add to my excitement it is on the Low Fodmap list yay! So now i can include this on my can eat list which is ALOT smaller than my Avoid list.
But wait it gets better
Kale can taste just like a Potato Chip, yes like plain potato chips. Hard to believe, but i have converted a few people and i hope to convert more. What you will need Kale green or purple Olive oil and Salt.
- Preheat your oven to 150°
- De-stem your Kale and break leaves in to bite sized pieces
- Wash thoroughly and drain
- Pop the kale into a bowl with some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt really work the olive oil in with your hands making sure all leaves are covered
- Line a tray with baking paper and spread some kale out nicely spaced
- Bake for 8 mins keeping an eye on them, turn the kale to cook the other side. Some smaller pieces may be done so take those out.
- Bake for another 5 mins or until crispy.
They dont look appetising but trust me they are delish.
They will store in an airtight container for a few days if they last that long, very addictive but god for you.
For more about Kale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kale