I make almond milk once or twice a week, not only is it a great substitute for cow’s milk or soy milk it tastes great is full of nutrients and contains no cholesterol.
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2-3 cups water depending on how you like it.
- Cheesecloth Tea towel or a laundry mesh bag
- Soak almonds over night in water.
- Strain and rinse the almonds with clean water (I keep the water from the soaked almonds and put on my herb garden).
- Place the almonds in your blender with the 2-3 cups of water and blend for 1 min
- Strain the almond mixture over a jug with a sieve. You could just go straight to the next step I like to do both
- I then pour the milk through my laundry mesh bag. I have just finally purchased an almond milk bag and cant wait for its arrival. You could also you pour the whole lot through the mesh bag
- Next I put the almond pieces into the mesh bag and squeeze squeeze squeeze. Its amazing how much milk you can get out.
- Tip your milk into you milk jar and why not pour a glass for yourself after all your hard work 🙂
Now the best part is to find what to do with the left over almond pulp.
That will be my next Blog